7 factors that will elevate you above any competition. Follow the link below to read the full article by David A. Fields, including suggested action planning.
- Responsiveness – the most attentive consultant has a huge edge over the competition – even more experienced competitors.
- Demonstrate the trust triangle – In a prospect’s mind, you’re trustworthy if you’re thinking of his best interests. You’re not going to harm him, you’re going to help.
- Relatability – Clients tend to choose the consultant with whom they experience the best rapport over someone objectively more qualified.
- Direction vs. Precision: Prospects seek a solution, not the solution. The right answer today is better than the precisely right answer next month.
- Good vs. Different – Similar to #4, prospects want a solution that works, not one that is different.
- Clear Message – Don’t make the prospect work too hard. If your communication is concise and easily understood, you will win the gig.
- Confidence & Passion – Are you comfortable you can deliver the outcome, or do you love these kind of projects?